Saturday 25 August 2012

I Went To A Little Place Called Morocco.....

....and jesus f christ it was beautiful. I went on many an Adventure whilst there -  exotic markets, dimly lit kasbahs and oh my bed for 24 hours to battle a horrendous tummy bug but we'll try and forget that minor slip. Otherwise I've not been in love with a place as much since the first time I remember going to Paris and boy oh boy do I want to go again next summer. I'm steadily update the blog with a few things I bought there and a few items I took with me I think.
Don't know about anybody else but going on trips for me are rather special, you see I seem to always come back having learnt/felt/experienced something whilst away from my normal habitat. I almost always bring an item back that forever captures an essence of that certain trip and certainly always, for the last 4 years have thought long and hard about what clothes I should take. For me holiday clothes are not about what's hot or on trend this or that summer, of course I incorporate certain items of clothing that are 'on trend' but they are not the driving force to the ultimate goal here - which is outfits that reflect the environment and city I happen to be in. Take England me for instance, England me knows of how it can without fail start to rain at any given second no matter where she is in the United Kingdom and so England me likes to wear oversized jumpers and carry a big ol' beanie hat in her bag. I have done this for so long now that the oversized jumper or cardigan somewhat trumps many other garments in my wardrobe, come rain or shine and trust me the rain does indeed come.
I went to paris a month ago with my family, and therefor my packing was ....Paris inspired, this may sound silly and some may be thinking "why not wear what you want no matter where you are, your style is your style" well if you are thinking that then you are correct, however my style is transitional and one of my fave things to do is let my wardrobe be inspired by a place I have just been or I am going to. Phew! hope I was able to explain something there? no? well you can't ask for your money back because I don't have it...I spent it all on pretty autumn/winter inspired Heels!!

okay so for the next few posts I will try and demonstrate what I mean through some photos.......Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment